Sunday 6 April 2014

April 1, 2014 E-mail

Mommy,
That is exactly how it should work. The members help us find and we help the people they care about earn a place in the Celestial Kingdom with their families. The broadcast was really good. It was last night for us. It was really great. Everyone came to our building because it’s the biggest which is SUPER convenient for us because we live one block from the church. I can’t believe my birthday came so fast. It´s crazy!!!

Yeah, I’ll need new clothes because my jeans won’t fit--I’ve gained about fifteen pounds, because of the food. The diet of the average argentine consists of pastas; empanadas, it´s kind of like a calzone; milanesa, basically breaded and fried anything--it can be chicken or beef or veggies or rice and chicken, or I’ve even had one made of soy which was pretty yummy; pizza, which is more simple than our pizza, it’s basically cheese with bread but yummy; asados, which is the most delicious selection of all types of meat beef, chicken, pork, chorizo, blood sausage, and other parts that we don’t normally eat but are yummy on the grill- asado means grill but it’s grilled but it’s a ton of meat; bread with every meal; alfajores, which are the most yummiest little treat made of a cookie cake and dulce de leche, which is similar to caramel and dipped in chocolate. That’s what we eat. It is the most yummiest, the most delicious, but the most fattening. But SO GOOOD!!!! Find an authentic argentine restaurant and eat there!!

This week was great! One night we came back in the evening to plan, and I was just absolutely exhausted and I had a horrible headache; I think I was a little dehydrated. We finished planning and it just got worse, so I got ready for bed and lay down, and it was a miracle that I slept my head was pounding so badly. I woke up and I still felt bad not as bad but icky, but we went and worked anyway and that day was a miracle!!! We taught five lessons with a member present, and in the midst of it all my sickness went away. I didn’t even notice it was gone until later, but I learned a powerful lesson in obedience and losing yourself in the work. It was such a wonder tender mercy of the Lord. I’m so grateful for the health that I have and to be here right now as a representative of the Savior!!! There is no better work and there is no limit to this work!!! We are all a part of it! You too are a representative of the Savior!!! You promised to be when you were baptized. The only difference between me and you is that I’m set apart to help people repent and be worthy for baptism. Other than that we have all the same responsibilities to find people to accept this message and to help them in their journey of conversion to the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ before and after baptism. I LOVE IT!!! May we all take advantage of the time that we have to serve in this great work!!!

I love you!! Thanks for the birthday whishes!!!
Herman Arntsen


No comments:

Post a Comment