Sunday 20 July 2014

July 15, 2014 E-mail

Mommy,
Yeah so we lost the World Cup.... but that´s ok. I prayed that whatever the outcome it would help soften people’s hearts to the Gospel, so I guess they just needed a little humbling. Haha! But, yes we did have to stay in the house from 4:00 pm until we went to bed. Basically, we just went to church, lunch and then home.

Right now it is very rainy and cold! It is not so cold when it rains because the clouds trap in the heat. But when it’s not cloudy, it is cold!!! Well, not so cold in numbers--it doesn’t go below 0 (32F), but with the humidity it feels colder and with the wind too.

So, we had transfers. Well, first I have to update you with Hermana Fuzaro. Her foot was not getting better. Actually, on the contrary she felt that it was getting worse. So we talked to President. He talked to the mission doctor and explained the situation how the other doc said that after a week of complete rest she could walk a little and it would be fine and that it wasn’t getting better. Doctor Smith (from the mission) said of course it’s not getting better--she needs SIX weeks of complete rest and then physical therapy. So.  this morning at 9am Hermana Fuzaro got on a plane and went on over to Brazil (home). JUST FOR SIX WEEKS THOUGH! Then she will come back and continue working as normal!!! Or, at least that is the plan. On top of that, this transfer there are more sisters heading home than we are going to receive, and President had to close two areas. Well, Villa Adelina was one of those. So, now I am back in Capital! A ward called Parque Patricios. It is in the neighboring zone to Caballito where I was for so long! It has only been a few hours, but I like being back in the city! I didn’t realize how much I missed it until now! My new companion just finished her training. She is Hermana Pardo from Concepcion, Chile. (You know, ever since I arrived here I have only had one North American companions, Hermana Dunn. The rest are Latin Americans! :D) Yep, so here I am! I would send you a whole bunch of pictures but my little thing to put the card in the computer is packed away I don’t know where. Next week!

And, on the way here we passed by a la villa 31 which is this really big villa right by the highway. We were in a car and there was no risk of being robbed and so I took some pictures so that you can all see what a villa looks like. I have only been in one once and the President restricted the Hermanas from going in anymore because of the danger. But the villas are where the Elders always have a ton of success because the people are really humble. Oh, if you don’t know a villa is a piece of land where the gov´t is already paying electricity and water and the people just squat basically. But they make huge mini cities out of them. They live in tiny little rooms that they build themselves, and they are all right there on top of one another and next to each other so that there aren’t even streets with room for cars or anything. They don’t even call them streets, just hallways. You will see next week.

So, that is the big news! Back in the city! And it might actually be my last area, but I’m not sure. We will see!!

I love you!!! Have the best week!

Hermana Arntsen

No comments:

Post a Comment