Monday 4 November 2013

October 29, 2013 Letter

Mommy!
I will definitely be a missionary for Halloween! Actually it will be a fun day. We will be working until 4 pm.  Then me and my companions are going to Chipotle before the zone activity. I think we're just going to be playing some games and stuff. Then after the zone activity we are going to have zone training. It's all at night because we can't exactly work on Halloween. :)

This week was good. The Elders (Elder Lee, the District leader and Elder Bradshaw) had a baptism this past Saturday. Terecita and her son, Angel were baptized. The husband of this family was baptized a while ago and now the family is complete! That was exciting.

Our investigator, Publio, came to the baptism--sort of. It started at 6:30, and he got there at 7:55 pm. Just in time to eat some food. But we got to show him the font and he really like it. He is so awesome! Just yesterday we were talking to him, and he said, "I love our church:" Our church! I expect he will be baptized very soon. He said he will be, he just won't settle on a date yet. He's really sad though that we will be leaving some time. Publio is very special to my companionship. He is down right hilarious! He always has something funny to say! We're really glad to be teaching him.

Also at church was this family we are teaching: Armando--dad, Maria--mom, Armando jr,--9, and Leondardo--6. Maria and the kids came once before, and she really like it, which was a miracle because she told us she doesn't like church. This week Armando came which was even more of a miracle because he usually goes hunting every weekend Friday 'til Sunday, but this week he was there! They are a really cute family.

Also this Sunday I played the organ in Sacrament meeting (we usually rotate weeks). So earlier that morning I texted the Sister to get the hymn numbers: 98,111,and 36 in the Spanish hymn book (himnario). So I practiced those, and they weren't too bad. Then I go to church and I wasn't listening to Brother Carreno announcing the song because I was waiting for our investigators. And the usual hymn conductor was outside of the room so another missionary stepped up to lead. So, I played the entire introduction of #98 but when I looked to the conductor to start she just had this confused look on her face and walked over showing me the himnario--we were singing #106! So I flipped to that one and sight-read the organ! AH! The sacrament hymn was normal, thank goodness, but then there was a rest hymn they didn't tell me about! So I also sight-read "The Banner of Zion?" (I don't remember what it's called--I'm just translating in my head! haha). It was a crazy day on the organ!! Oh, mission life!

Love,
Hermana Arntsen

No comments:

Post a Comment