Sunday 25 May 2014

May 19, 2014 E-mail

Mommy!
Thanks for the photos!!! I love them!! Right now everything is getting really cold! I always have to leave with the coat on! And it rains very unexpectedly! The other night we had just gotten into the apartment when it started to rain, but we didn't even know--it was like in the movies when in about two seconds its just pouring and you know that it's not real rain but one of those sprinkler machines. But this was real rain! I thought it was just the wind but nope, it was rain!

I´m glad everything´s going well! Here everything is good. I hit a year this Thursday and my body is definitely beginning to feel it! haha! I'm so tired all the time and my feet ache and my back and my shoulders from carrying my bag everywhere, and we walk miles every day and yet, despite ALL of that, it´s worth it. No effort shall be wasted. That is a promise. Think about Abinidai who preached and preached and preached to the king Noah and his priests, and just when they are about to kill him for it Alma begs the king to let him go—“woohoo one person believes me!¨ he must have thought! Then the king kicks the one believer out and sends his big scary guards to go kill him. Imagine what Abinidai must have felt in that moment. The one person that believes him is dead as far as he knows he will be hanging out with his convert in paradise in thirty minutes. I would have been pretty down in the dumps if I were him in that moment, but I don't think he was. I think he remained faithful and trusted in the plan that he could see. Because of the efforts of Abinidai we have the Book of Mormon today. If you follow from Alma eventually you will get to Moroni. How incredible is that!? NO EFFORT WASTED! That is a promise! For everyone! Even you! Every effort you make to share will be of use for someone somewhere even if you don´t see the fruits now. How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of them that bring good tidings of peace!

Love you!!

Hermana Arntsen

Megan's zone

No comments:

Post a Comment