Sunday 26 January 2014

February 20, 2014 E-mail

Greetings from Argentina!
Everything is good here in Argentina! Cinthia gave the opening prayer in Sacrament Meeting yesterday! She wasn´t even a member yet because she got confirmed afterwards! How great! She says she wants to serve a mission! I’m so excited for her! Also, her mom and siblings always come to church and want to follow Cinthia. They just have to work with her dad. I say they because--surprise: I'm not in Congreso anymore! I left and arrived yesterday in Caballito (kah-bah-shee-toe), my new area. Transfers aren’t until next week but her in Caballito there was a sister waiting for her visa to Mexico and it came, so I left Congreso and came here with my new companion, Hermana Sanchez from Guatemala. It wasn’t too much of a surprise because I was with the Sister Training leaders in Congreso, and they always know everything that’s happening because President always talks with them. Caballito is still in the city, but there aren’t as many tall buildings everywhere, so we are in the sun a bit more, which I love! Everything is good so far. Hermana Sanchez is a bomb missionary! I have a lot to learn from her!

I don’t really know all of the investigators yet so that part of the email will have to wait until next Tuesday (transfer p-day). There is one I know, Janet, who has a baby girl and a drunk husband who we are trying to help. She is very humble and will be baptized next Sunday. Her situation in life breaks my heart. In the house where she lives they all drink, and it’s a horrible atmosphere to raise a child. But the Gospel can help! The Gospel ALWAYS helps! That’s what a lot of people don't understand; they don´t grasp that by healing the spiritual and strengthening the spiritual side, the blessings we receive help the temporal. There is no better was to succeed in the world than to succeed as a child of God. It makes me eternally grateful for my family and you and Dad who are faithful and strong and raised me and Caitlin and Michael right. Also I am incredibly grateful for the Gospel, for my life, and my future, AND the opportunity I have now to help people here have the same opportunities.

Well that´s all I’ve got this week. Missing Congreso but looking forward to Caballito!
Love you!!!
Hermana Arntsen

No comments:

Post a Comment