Sunday 14 July 2013

E-mail July 8, 2013

The Fourth of July was good. That's the day I got transferred again. Okay, so when I was assigned a trainer I was assigned to Sister Jackson an English speaker but to a Spanish district. Weird, huh?  Well President later came up to us and explained that there is a sister who was still in the MTC because of illness who is an English speaker and that she was expected in a week. So when she arrived she would be Sister Jackson's companion and I would be transferred to the Spanish sisters in that district as part of a trio. Well the sister came way early from the MTC, so I got one night in Ripon with Sister Jackson and then got transferred to Tracy in the morning because that other sister came early. So now I'm in Tracy with the Spanish sisters. My trainer is now Hermana Marroquin and my other companion is Hermana Dando who is being follow-up trained (training after first three month training).

It's great here. We have a car but can only drive so many miles a month so tonight we are going out on the bikes tonight for the first time. I'll let you know how that goes :P. The work is a little harder here because we can only teach people who speak Spanish. If we would be teaching them English we have to transfer their records to the English speaking sisters. So it's hard to find people we can teach. We had an investigator come to church yesterday! Yavette is in his 20s. He's pretty cool and he's a journalist or trying to be. Because he had to work though we went with him to the 9:00 ward (Spanish is at 1:00). Guess who I saw!!!!!! The Rhees's! Corwin's family! I don't think they recognized me, and I didn't get to talk to them but we're going next week again with Yavette while he tries to re-work his schedule, so maybe I'll get to see them again.

I'm excited to get to work and I'm glad to hear about your missionary experience Mom! Keep it up! And tell Dad I want to know what he did too, please! <3

In the strength of the Lord nothing can be impossible to us!

ALL MY LOVE!!!

Hermana Arntsen

No comments:

Post a Comment