Monday 30 December 2013

December 23 and December 30, 2013 E-mails


12/23/2013

I am alive! The flight was good but tiring. In Sacramento the plane had to wait for another plane to move so we left only like ten minutes late, but then in Dallas we got on the plane and there was technical difficulty after technical difficulty. Something about tray table and a rear door being open I don´t know. I sat exactly in the middle of the plane. Three rows: two seats, five seats, two seats. I sat in the middle of the five seat row. For ten and a half hours. It is SO hot! Well not really hot but humid! Sweat, sweat, sweat! But oh well ‘así es.’ The city is amazing! My first area here is Congreso. Right smack dab in the middle of the city! We have la Casa Rosada and the Obelisk and the Congress building in our area. It is so great!! My companions are Hermana Sabrina Escobar from Cordoba Argentina and Hermana Lindsey Dunn from Idaho. They are the Sister Training leaders. Oh and Hermana Dunn is the mission nurse, so if I have a problem she is literally right there! They are the best! They are such hard workers and I have a ton to learn from them! I´m so grateful for them!! We are teaching some amazing people, and the ward is so great!! President Ayre and Herman Ayre had been waiting for me and Hermana Jensen since the MTC! They said we were the last visa waiters to come. I love them so much! They are wonderful!! Couldn´t ask for better leader! I am so excited to be here and to work!! Oh yikes I am running out of time!

Love you all Merry Christmas!!!

Hermana Arntsen

 
12/30/2013

¡MOM!

So, since we talked on Christmas Day not too much has happened. I´m all better no more icky nasty stomach stuff! I have been getting these huge bug bites though. Like bigger and more itchy than mosquitos, so either there are some nasty mosquitos here or it´s something else. Hermana Scarlett thinks it is bed bugs because she slept on my mattress for a while when the two Congreso companionships lived together and she got bites just like that and no one else did. But then Hermana Dunn checked my mattress and didn´t see any bed bugs, but we will figure it out.

We are teaching some amazing people! Mario is this 57ish year-old man. He is awesome and came to church yesterday for the first time in a white button up shirt tie and pants! Whoo hoo! He looked so spiffy and I think he knew it. It´s so true that when you dress your best you do your best! Also we are teaching Moises, a young man who is a nurse of some sort I think. He is really cool. Last Sunday he downloaded the app for the hymns on his phone and he was trying to find the scriptures too! Boss! They both have baptismal dates! Mario is going to be baptized this Saturday!!!! And Moises the next week because he just left on vacation! Then we are also teaching this family of 6, Domingo, dad, Fabiana, mom, Cinthia, 14, twin girls (I don´t know how to spell their names), 7, and Matias, 3. Domingo and Fabiana and Cinthia all accepted baptismal dates for the 12! Cinthia for sure she is amazing! She says that every time she reads the Book of Mormon it gives her energy. I suppose would be a good translation, it excites her that´s better. 'Me da animo' is what she said. Yeah excites her is the better translation. She is so great!

Saturday night we were planning, and we send Bishop a text to let him know who we expected at church on Sunday. He returned with a phone call and told me and Hermana Dunn that we were speaking in church about the New Year and goals. Church starts at 9:30am and it´s about a 20 minute bus ride. So we had no time in the morning. But somehow we prepared and gave talks yesterday. Hermana Escobar said it was good and that I only said like four little mistakes in 10 minutess, so that is really great!

Everything is great here I am LOVING it!!! Couldn´t ask for a better call!!!

Love you,

Hermana Arntsen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment